Below are the options available for download:
All of the following come on a disk image file (.iso). See below for installation instructions.
- 64-bit Windows Developer Preview
- Windows SDK for Metro style apps
- Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows Developer Preview
- Microsoft Expression Blend 5 Developer Preview
- 28 Metro style apps including the BUILD Conference app
Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64) (3.6 GB)
Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.
Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86) (2.8 GB)
Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 32-bit PC.
Sign up for the Live Connect technical preview.
Live Connect provides developers a set of controls and APIs that enable applications to integrate Single Sign On (SSO) with Windows Live ID and enable users to access information from SkyDrive, Hotmail, and Messenger.
Windows Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
Notes about installing the Windows Developer Preview
- You can’t uninstall the Windows Developer Preview. To reinstall your previous operating system, you must have restore or installation media.
- A clean install is supported on all builds. You will only receive the full set of installation options when setup is launched in Windows.
If you are an MSDN Subscriber Go to the MSDN subscriber page to see additional developer preview downloads available including Server Developer Preview.